Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Homemade cleaners, being frugal, and softball coaching woes

So, I've started using homemade cleaners. My hubby thinks I'm turning into a hippie. That's ok by me. I just want to be frugal, and be more self-sufficient.So far, everything I've tried has turned out pretty good. My 9 year old and I cleaned the bathroom with baking soda, peroxide, and vinegar. Glass has never been cleaner, but, not so sure about the smell.
The homemade laundry detergent seems to have worked quite well, too. My hubby insists that I don't wash his clothes in it, but, once he sees how well it did, I'm sure he won't mind, anymore! He's so skeptical, but, folks all around the world are doing this! They have been for quite some time, too! It's been around for centuries, but, I'm the crazy one for wanting to save money, and figure out how to make stuff, myself.
The less I depend on "the man" ;p, the happier I'll be. I mean, if we fall into total anarchy, and chaos, will it not be beneficial to know how to wash clothes, myself? lol
Breastfeeding is still proving to be the hardest thing for me, right now. His teeth haven't been ground down, yet, so, they're still like razors! He's grinding them, too, which is driving me nuts, but I've read that it's normal. Sounds like nails on a chalkboard, to me, though. I still can't get this monster to sleep more than a few hours at a time. I've tried slipping him some formula, feeding him cereal closer to bedtime, but nothing is working!
Something else that's bugging the heck out of me are some of  the parents of girls I'm coaching! They never bring their kids to practice, never tell me they won't be at practice/games until the last minute, and, they yell at their kids during games to the COMPLETE opposite of what I'm teaching them! I've already made the vow that I won't coach in this league, again. Not worth the time/trouble. If you expect greatness, you have to have the dedication. I know they're only 9-10, but you teach them now, and they'll have the life-lessons for when  they're older.
Anyways, I know this post hasn't been the funniest, but, my life is pretty boring, so there ya go! ;p
Until we meet again,

                                                      Your exhausted milk-maker

No comments:

Post a Comment